How can we present the history of the British Indian Army during the First World War?
Learning Objective; to research, select and present relevant detail about people in a specific historical period.
Learning outcomes; pupils will have;
- participated in collective research about an aspect of the history of the British Indian Army during the First World War
- Selected details from their research relevant to their presentation.
- Participated in the presentation of their research to other pupils
- Assessed the presentation of their peers against given criteria
- This lesson could contribute to teaching about British Values where pupils are required to learn about mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith. Its methodology also supports the aims of character education in researching and presenting aspects of the British Indian Army during the First World War through pedagogy that encourages autonomy and reflection. This lesson also supports the teaching of citizenship, in particular “to weigh evidence, debate and make reasoned arguments”